Wedges and shims are a really efficient technique to cut up stone, whether or not you want a exact minimize, or are merely decreasing the scale of a boulder to make it extra manageable. Place not more than 4″ aside within the stone – nearer for arduous to separate or precision work. Be certain that the “ears” are going through within the route you need your stone to separate. Strike firmly however with out power up and down the road. Wait a couple of minutes and do it once more. It’s stress, not power, that may cut up your stone. To take away drill holes, observe with Trow & Holden Mason’s Chipper. At all times put on security glasses.
- Used for eons, wedges and shims are nonetheless the best technique to cut up stone.
- Splits cleanly in any route, even serpentine! Be certain that your ft are out of the way in which!
- Matches 3/4″ diameter gap; 4″ in size. 5 units will cut up as much as 24″ of stone.
- Proudly made in Barre, Vermont, USA, since 1890.
- See Product Description for additional directions.